Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baby Chickens




Our babies are quickly growing up. They are about 6 weeks old now and we have...
"Jemimah" ( she will be a whopping 11 pounds!) I think that may be bigger then our dog maggie or pretty close! Also there is "Blondie White" which is our yellow girl who is Gavin's chicken and he happily gave her that name which he says is because she has "blond hair like me". Then we have "Golden" which is Carter's black chicken with golden highlights. And "Alice" our pretty girl in the middle and "Janis" which is my chicken with the white afro. She is named after Janis Joplin and she is pretty groovy. :). Zach has yet to name his waiting to see if his is a male or female. We don't know yet!! I didn't realize how much I would like having chickens, the eggs are so good and they are fun to watch. Happy Egg Laying! (in about 4 months!)

1 comment:

Strupp Family said...

I love your pictures...and the names of your chickens :) Makes me think that if you like it, we may just get some someday...

It was nice seeing you today :) Hope you had a good time at the park! I fell asleep outside, it was GORGEOUS.