Monday, September 5, 2011

LABOR DAY DRIVE THROUGH THE GALLATIN



We started off the day heading down the Gallatin Canyon and stopping at a campground to look for our first treasure. This was my first experience of geocaching. I found a peaceful spot to sit on this rock while my boys hiked up the hill to find whatever treasure was awaiting them. (I would have joined but still nursing this knee from surgery). As I watched them come back down they were full of smiles as they found the treasure and inside were some plastic kids toys and Gavin had a plastic puppet monster on his finger and a handful of snail shells. That is gold to a five year old! We found another treasure using our GPS in Bozeman under a bridge on a bike path. This was a fun find because it contained a "travel bug". This is a cache that has been travelling in many places and we can find out where by going online. The boys are excited to plant this in a new place! We will keep you posted.



No comments: